a: Here is the steps we suggested:
- Install Izarc 4.1.6 - http://www.filehippo.com/download_izarc/9368/
- Install Izarc Command Line - http://www.izarc.org/download/IZArcCL.exe
- Add the Izarc folder to the path
- Create d:\temp & confirm account running the task has writes to this folder.
- IZARCC.exe -m -r -P D:\Download\201505_logs.zip d:\ex*.log -$d:\temp\
- This runs the the command line version of Izarc, creates a zip file at the path of d:\download\ filled with all the files on the D drive that start with ex and end with .log and it uses the d:\download folder as the temp folder. Note that last part is nice, because by default it would create the temp file on the C Drive then have to move it back.
- Don't forget, this moves the log files to the Recycle Bin. Add this to the bottom of the script and it will delete the Recycle Bin before it gets too big.
- rd /q /s d:\recycler