A: The easiest way was to
- Detach database on 2nd SQL Server
- Archive mdf/ldf files
- Obtain nightly BAK from 1st SQL Server
- Obtain every hourly TRN from 1st SQL Server since BAK was generated
- Transfer all files to 2nd SQL Server
- Restore .bak to 2nd SQL Server - selecting the radio button "RESTORE WITH NORECOVERY"
- Restore the .trn file(s) using this script: (updating DBNAME & DBPATH):
- RESTORE LOG [DBNAME] FROM DISK =
WITH FILE = 1, NORECOVERY, NOUNLOAD, STATS = 10
- Connect to 1st SQL Server and establish the mirror as before.