a: Recently the customer stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and used their connections for internet. Holiday Inn added a DNS suffix entry in the advanced TCP/IP settings of the laptop. Simply remove this.
To resolve this (in Windows 7)
- Right click the network icon (down by the clock)
- Click "Open Network and Sharing Center"
- Right click on your "Local Area Connection"
- Click Properties
- Select "Internet Protocol Version 4" and click Properties
- At the bottom of the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties window click Advanced
- Click the DNS Tab at the top
- Select holidayinnexpress.guest under "Append these DNS suffixes (in order):"
- Click Remove.
- Click OK, OK, OK