a: using a post we found from Luka Manojlovic - just follow their steps:
- You can solve this problem by using “Shrink” command in the MS SQL Server Management Studio Express
- First you need to connect to your Sharepoint 3.0 database called: \\.\pipe\mssql$microsoft##ssee\sql\query - just put this string in your “Server name” field:
- Create full backup of all databases before continuing!
- After that we should change restore mode from “Full” (this the parameter that allows .log.ldf to grow that large as transaction logs are not purged) to “Simple”:Expand Databases, right mouse click on Sharepoint_Config… Properties, Options, Recovery model: Simple and click OK
- Shrink the database procedure: Expand Databases, right mouse click on Sharepoint_Config… Tasks, Shrink, Files in File type select Log and click OK