- Make sure UniFi is not running.
- UniFi 2.4.6 appears to install 64-bit Java 7r21. Uninstall it.
- Download and install jre-7u51-windows-i586.exe
- Locate your java installation directory - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin
- Add the dir above to the PATH (from Computer->Properties->Advanced system settings)
- Run a command prompt (as an Administrator, right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- cd <unifi_base> (cd %userprofile%/Ubiquiti Unifi will usually do the trick, including the quote marks)
- java -jar lib\ace.jar installsvc
- Start the service: net start Unifi Controller
- Don't forget to make exceptions in the Windows Firewall for C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe - that's the process listening on :8443 for the Web site.
Monday, March 24, 2014
Run UniFi Controller as a Windows Service
We just installed Unifi 2.4.6 on 64-bit Windows Server 2012 R2. Here are the steps to run UniFi Controller as a Windows Service:
at 3:42 PM